29821: kathleen (reply 2)Re: 29810: Loccm (reply) Re: 29776: Durban (comment): (Way) Beyond Bourgeosie Bashing... (fwd)

From: Kathleen Burke <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

I stopped too fast!!!!!
Whenever someone has stepped in front of me, I have protested, and loudly, and they withdrew. "Pas de politesse, m'sieu?, madame?" It has always worked. Mind you, these days I don't dare come, never mind rebuke, so the shelf life of my experience could well be expired in the "new, devolved Haiti." The trucks have always pulled over to let the smaller, faster 4x4s by, in my experience. The trash. Good god, the trash. I was already sickened by it in 02. They do clean up upon occasion, but the usual attitude is as you describe. Drove me nuts.

Kathleen