29833: Emmanuelle Re : 29825: Lauredansr: (reply) Re: 29806: Emmanuelle Re : 29791: Fuller (reply) 29758: Holmstead (comment) Montas appoint. to UN (fwd)

From: Emmanuelle Gilles <manugi28@yahoo.fr>

I agree with your comments up to the line where you are proud of her accomplishments. But when you mentioned unfounded profanities, you are doing exactly what she did. Firstly, she cannot ignore that her husband was killed by Aristide and Preval knew about it. He could not do anything about it as he was Aristide's puppet. Can you say that these are profanities? Secondly, isn't it true that Montas's life was threatened and her bodyguard killed so much that she had to flee to the States. Isn't it true that the Government of Haiti contacted the President of the General Assembly, then from Barbados to negotiate a job for Montas, thus her position was paid by the Haitian Government, the same who killed her husband? Isn't it true that the United Nations send a Fax to the Haitian Government (Latortue to request payment of Montas salary after the departure of Aristide) and said salary was paid by the Latortue Government to honour the previous government's engagement. Isn't it true that when Aristide came to speak in front of the General Assembly, Ms. Montas lined up to salute him and during one of their meeting, Montas asked Aristide whether he would guarantee her security if she returns to Haiti and Aristide's response to her was NO. What we don't understand is why she continued to support Aristide or Preval after her husband was murdered by those mobs. If these are profanities, you can ask Mrs. Montas yourself. Apart from that, we are indeed proud that one of us has been selected for such a high level position. It is a great honour just like the Governor of Canada. I would have liked that Montas distance herself form her husband's murderers and admit the damages that Aristide has done to the country rather than defending the lavalas movement which did worst than Duvalier in a shorter time. An act of courage would have also been to admit that she and her husband have made huge mistakes joining the dreadful lavalas movement. Perhaps she feared for her life and did not want to take chances by turning against Aristide openly, a stand that we can understand if that is the case. Perhaps she had other reasons. But to say that these facts are profanities - show how passionate that we can be in our analysis - our constant deviation from the truth to suit our own purpose. It never crosses your mind that I just might know her as much as you do but for me, the truth should be at the basis of any discussion.