29878: potemaksonje (reply) 29870: Kathleen (info) film shot in Cite Soleil, featuring "Billy" and JBA (fwd)

From: Potemaksonje@yahoo.com

The Najman film brings propaganda to a new low as its follows around the IRI trained protagonists in January 2004. The footage is nice because you can see many white people in the GNB crowd, some could be trainers or agents. It was a reminder of the films by Reagan, Rod Paul & the most laughable GNB Kont Atila. Interviews with a gaggle of elites but very little counter reasoning, only with one purported "chimere" leader. The film explains to us that Haitian poverty rests on the shoulders of the lord-of-all-that-is-evil-in-the-universe-Aristide with no effort to reveal the embargo of hundreds of millions of aid money, destabilization, & contra terrorism. For a more balanced film one should buy or rent Rossier's "Aristide and the Endless Revolution". This film has interviews from a cross segment of those supporting & those opposed to democracy.

The Rossier film has been the most successful of the 'coup documentaries' winning 2006 Pan African Film Festival with nominations & official selection at New York Video Festival, Buenos Aires film festival, & Amnesty Doen Award. Nadine Dominique, daughter of the late Jean Dominique: “This film deserves to be seen by Haitians. Haiti and the people of Haiti are worth… We don’t have many weapons to denounce the daily atrocities that my people have been victim of and your film seems to be exactly what we need today.” The New York Times , PBS, Paul Farmer & Professor Hyppolite Pierre have all praised the film for the depth and approach.

BEST QUOTE FOR 2004:
"Philippe, Cantave, Fequière, even Métayer and Nicolas were not only our subjects ... they were our neighbors; they were fellow countrymen and women. After 10 or 20 years in a place like Haiti, where people are struggling for change, where friends and family members die trying, where hope has turned to despair, a journalist becomes a little bit a part of his or her subject." -Jane Reagan

Never miss an email again!