29889: Kathleen (definition) 29878: potemaksonje (reply) 29870: Kathleen (info) film shot in Ci... (fwd)

To: Bob Corbett <corbetre@webster.edu>

I was interested in the translation of this poster's name, and received the following, which I thought would be of interest to others. Neat that it comes from a proverb. I never forgot "Alerti guerre, pa tue kokobi."

I don't know how "Potojeb" translates.  Kathleen

potemaksonje

pote: bear, carry
mak: scar
sonje: remember

This comes from this proverb: Bay kou bliye pote mak  sonje or
Baykou bliye pote mak sonje

Meaning:  he who hit forgets, he who bears (carries) the scars remembers