29904: Emmanuelle Re : 29896: Pierre (Reply) )Re: 29883: Kathleen (term misuse)Re: 29876: Pierre (question) (fwd)

From: Emmanuelle Gilles <manugi28@yahoo.fr>

By the way, Mr. Kawonabo, you mention that the masses hold the key to the permanent solution of all Haiti’s century – May I correct you to say that the choices that the political decision makers make to bring the masses from their level of poverty and ignorance is key to the development of the country. I don’t see where the so-called masses can hold the key to a “permanent solution of all Haiti’s century-old and present problems when they are not given opportunities to be educated, to be included. There are no permanent solutions – we can talk about sustainability of results from a model that works. Referring to the masses, those are the people who destroyed a 200-year old cathedral without knowing its value. Those are the people who burn houses rather than demanding to live in them. Those are the people who are killing because they have been programmed to kill by their president when they were not given food and decent shelter. Are you nut? Perhaps, you might say that 1 million people like Aristide who himself arose from the masses did hold the key to a permanent solution of Haiti’s problems – then the country would have been in deeper trouble than it has even been. Rather than blaming the bourgeois and the imperialists for Haiti’s misfortune, you should reflex about your own mentality which leaves you behind. While I do believe that other countries’ foreign policy can affect the internal stability of a country – we cannot entirely put the blame of your own people’s mismanagement on the account of foreign influence and the bourgeois. If each of our Past presidents and Government officials had put national interests before their own, we would have been able to reach out for the masses a long time ago thereby providing them with the necessary choices for their own development. Our middle class has shrunk because a President from the mass did not understand the need to expand it. In fact, the proletariat you were referring to has been expanded more than ever because you had a semi-literate mass in power who distribute soup to some of them on New Year's eve and the mass think that they are included truly as a result of this yearly gesture. This is where the problem lies. Aristide was no bourgeois but he ran the country like his personal business. You can avoid foreign interference if you can use your brain to become self-sufficient like Luxembourg did with no resources. For many decades, the Bourgeois did not run the country, if they were able to exercise so much influence on the government, then there was definitely a governance and authority issue with those in power. The Haitians can develop or perhaps impose a tax system to better integrate the masses. They can spend less money on themselves and educate all the children as they are tomorrow’s future. The country can only succeed when it invests on its children so that they become better, well educated,
 responsible citizens – and not criminals.