29913: Versluis (ask) Transportation in Haiti (fwd)

From: A Versluis <haitilist@gmail.com>

Hello,

I'm a doctoral student who will be in Haiti over the next three months
conducting interviews in the rural West Department.  I'm looking for a
vehicle (motorcycle or 4-wheel drive vehicle) to use during this time.  In
the past I've used public transportation and begged wou lib's but I would
save a lot of precious research time if I had my own transportation.  Mostly
I need transportation to get me to and from Port-au-Prince, where I will be
backing up data, recharging batteries and using the Internet.  The formal
rental agencies are outside of my budget. . .but if anyone has a lead on a
vehicle I could cheaply rent I would be much obliged.  I am an experienced
driver--both in Haiti and the U.S.--with not so much as a single speeding
ticket on my record.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Versluis