29936: Clitande (asks) In need of information on literacy in Haiti (fwd)

From: Nadege Clitandre <ntaniblue@hotmail.com>

Hello all,

I am working on an initiative to raise funds for the library in Haiti through my university. Does anyone have the most recent stats and information on literacy rates in Haiti, the urgent need for libraries, and educational programs that promote reading and research? I have to write a blurb for a flyer to raise awareness on this matter and wanted some facts. If you have any information on this or know where I can go to get the most current information, please let me know. I am particularly interested in hearing from people in the field of education and who have done research on education in Haiti.

Nadège T. Clitandre, Ph.D. Candidate African Diaspora Studies University of California Berkeley