29949: Sprague (response) 29915: Klarreich Replies to 29850: (fwd)

From: J.Sprague  <jebsprague@mac.com>

Thank you for the comment on our article and you make a good point.
While Delva worked with RSF, which played a role in the
destabilization of the elected Haitian government and received some
of its financing through the NED/IRI, he had no formal ties with the
political parties in the opposition.  In retrospect we should have
printed this more nuanced and less categoric description.

In 2004 Delva gave more balanced reporting than almost any other
mainstream journalist, he has done a weekly show with Ricot Dupuy on
Radio Soleil and he was physically assaulted by security forces of
the interim Alexandre government.  We noted in our article that he
allegedly aroused the hostility of Latortue by speaking up about the
murder of Abdias Jean.