29957: McCoy: Re: Can you give me advice about travel to Haiti (fwd)

From: ray mccoy <ray37030@yahoo.com>

   If you know of any caveats about being in Haiti, please alert me.  I
 don't imagine it is a tourist haven at present.  I wonder about ordinary
 physical safety as a white senior citizen.

   I am a high school teacher, a senior citizen,  in excellent health, who
 would like to visit Haiti and stay for a few days, perhaps a week, to
 explore and form impressions of for possible longer stays. A graduate of
 a Catholic university and of many years in a seminary, I would like to
 explore the possibility of receiving hospitality at Catholic houses, such
 as monastery or school. If anyone reading this has had experience in
 Haiti and is knowledgable of the Church there, I would be grateful for
 correspondence.  Thanks.  Ray McCoy