29969: Clitandre (ask) Looking for documents/articles on Haiti's debt to France (fwd)

From: Nadege Clitandre <ntaniblue@hotmail.com>

 I have a law student who is doing some research on Haiti's debt to France
 and the legal steps /case brought forth to forgive the debt.  Does anyone
 have suggestions of where to look, and books, docments, and other
 resources I should refer him to?

Nadège T. Clitandre,
Ph.D. Candidate
African Diaspora Studies
University of California Berkeley

"May I write words more naked than flesh, stronger than bone, more
resilient than sinew, sensitive than nerve." Sapho

"It is, in the end, the saving of lives that we writers are about....We do it because we care.... We care because we know this: The life we save is our own."  Alice Walker