29996: Simmons: (ask) RE: Could you post this for me? Thanks. (fwd)

From: "Simmons, Marcus  A" <msimmons1@northpark.edu>

[Please write directly to Marcus at the address above.  He is not
a list member thus would not see posted notes.  Thanks,  Bob]

Greetings,

My name is Marcus Simmons and I am an undergraduate student at North
Park University in Chicago, IL. As a communications major with plans to
do ethnographical writing and research in the future, I have plans to
spend my life studying the various identities and changing cultural
institutions of the African Diaspora. Currently, I am doing some
research projects and an independent study on Haitian cane slavery. As a
14-year French student and Afrikana Studies enthusiast, I feel that this
is an excellent place to begin. This is an issue with much historical
background and very real modern implications.

If there are any individuals who may be able to offer research
recommendations, contacts, or any information at all, it would be highly
appreciated and very welcomed. I understand that such a topic requires
help from the experts. My e-mail address is msimmons1@northpark.edu.

-Thank You