30070: Kathleen (ask)Fine time in Jacmel for Carnival (fwd)

From: Kathleen Burke <kathleendantor@verizon.net>

I was happy to read this. Jacqui seems to have a gift for leadership. She succeeds where so many fail, and I am glad for her work and existence!!! Not for the first time, I wondered, noting the peace and beauty of the Southern peninsula, if an international airport at Cayes would make sense. Or would that, rather than bringing safety to tourists, bring insecurity to the countryside? Any comments? I loved being at Cyvadier Plage, Cayes, Plage Gelee, Port a Piment, and would love to go further south to the tip, where I understand the surfing is amazing, visit Jeremie and Ile a Vache. As someone commented to me offline, "there seem to be touristic oases in the bowels of most hells." Would making the South more accessible to lovers of Haiti be a good idea? Kathleen