30135: Mdmdread: (reply) Re: 30077: Benson: (comments) Spelling matters (fwd)

From: Mdmdread@aol.com

I can't agree more with LeGrace Bensons' post on the spelling of Vodou, but
it is not always easy to convince ignorant editors that Vodou is the correct
spelling.

Many print media and book editors as well are quite stubborn about  this. It
wasn't until the very end that I was able to convince Nation Books,  which is
as progressive a publishing company as any, to agree to Vodou rather  than
Voodoo. But the more the correct spelling is seen in print, the easier it  will
be, and it's a battle worth fighting.

Kathie Klarreich