30199: Corbett (requests help in Port-au-Prince area)

From Bob Corbett

Folks,

About a year ago one of my daughters hosted a Haitian baby who had to come to the U.S. for medical treatment. Now she and the child's family are working on some papers to get the child a visa to come visit her family here in St. Louis.

However, my daughter doesn't speak Creole well enough to get this data.
And, she isn't even fully sure where they live, but it appears to be in the Port-au-Price area. She does have a telephone contact number for the family.

Colleen is looking for help, someone who could be the English/Creole
translator for a phone conversation between Colleen and the family.

I'm not sure how to do this, whether a three way conversation could be arranged, or if someone could go to the family's home at an agreed time and Colleen would call.... I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

But, Colleen is needed to make contact and get the appropriate information.

Is there any list member in Port-au-Prince who would help us out?

Please let me know if you could/would.

Thanks,

Bob Corbett