30245: Fenton (reply) to Pierre['s] (comment) (fwd)

From: Anthony Fenton <fentona@shaw.ca>

This post is not  intended to dignify M.Pierre' slanderous rant
(which, it strikes me, would not have been posted were Corbett
decorum on personal attacks merely observed).

It only seems consistent that BO would today continue to try and
obfuscate the nature of their funding relationship with the State
Department via NED and the Solidarity Centre. I suspect that this
latest tirade has something to do with a communique about PAPDA,
which I helped prepare subsequent to the 2006 World Social forum,
that was recently re-circulated by Haiti-Progres. (Incidentally, I am
still wondering why BO was a no-show for their own panel in Caracas;
we had hoped to discuss these issues in person, like adults.)
However, it is far less interesting to me why BO would choose to 'get
in bed with NED,' then the inverse, why the foreigners would choose
BO to carry out their foreign policy (see: imperialist) objectives in
Haiti (and the same applies to PAPDA and SOFA among others). The
record of BO is not so clear to me, but the track record of U.S. and
Canadian foreign policy is. History (unless we choose to deny it)
shows quite clearly that these funding arrangements are seldom
entered into arbitrarily. No single organization, not Apaid's Group
of 184, Desroches 'Civil Society Initiative,'  nor Boulos' CCIH, have
had more money earmarked by the imperialists for them since the coup
than BO (to be sure, these rightists have had a lot of Canadian and
U.S, money thrown at them!). I am sure that the real reasons behind
the State Department's choosing BO as a partner will emerge in due
time.  I am equally sure that we will see much more slander and
diversions from BO and the likes of M.Pierre in the meantime.

Anthony Fenton
Freelance Researcher/Journalist
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
fentona@shaw.ca