30258: Morse (comment) Chavez/Haiti analysis (fwd)

oloffsonram@aol.com

I saw a description of the Chavez arrival in Haiti and the writer mentioned former president A. however many times, but when I looked at President Chavez' remarks he didn't make any mention of the former president. I've also never heard Former President Fidel Castro (am I the first to say it????) mention former president A. Sooo, if the right isn't supporting him and the left isn't supporting him and the center isn't supporting him, I guess that leaves us with the Political Action Committee and their spin team.

Its a bit strange that Chavez and Bush seem to have it out for each other and yet they both are part of the same OIL INDUSTRY. When I see Chavez trying to sell oil real cheap with the balance to be paid later it makes me think of a dealer trying to get some one hooked on drugs. You know, the first couple of hits are for free. I'm not saying Haiti doesn't need and appreciate the price reduction but ....Isn't Oil a 19th Century technology? We can't do better than that? My kids can walk around with a thousand songs on their credit card sized ipod. When I was younger I would have needed several trunks to carry a thousand songs around. The small computer I'm looking at and typing on right now would have been the size of a warehouse fifty years ago.

Lent in Haiti means rara season. The raras in Port-au-Prince don't seem to be as big as they were a few years ago....I did run into Jean Raymond's Foula rara on Ave Christophe at about 2am a couple of nights ago.

Petionville isn't officially listed as RED ZONE but that, along with upper Delmas, is probably where most kidnappings occur...Politics.

Certain parts of Petionville are actually looking like Belair used to look. Has anyone seen the state of the Petionville Marche recently??

I believe RAM will be attending a birthday celebration for La Citadelle on Thursday April 5. The festival will probably be held at the Sans Souci Palace in the town of Milo with a bunch of other bands including Boukman Experience. I haven't seen the official schedule yet.