30299: Morse (comment) Castro/biofuels

oloffsonram@aol.com

I saw an article in Haiti's The Nouvelliste which had Castro saying he was against biofuels and they would create more hunger throughout the world. He doesn't offer an alternative. Any one else have any thoughts on this. I always assumed that biofuels would be an integral part of Haiti's near future. I also assumed it would be good for Haitian farmers to have something to grow and sell. There's a lot of unused land around the Haitian country side and the Haitian economy can't really afford imported gas/oil considering that it takes 2-3 days, working at minimum wage, to be able to buy a gallon of gas.