30301: Loccm: (reply) Re: 30290: Pierre (Comment) Re: 30287: Roebling (fwd)

From: loccm@aol.com

I offer no solutions but perhaps the problem does contain some complications. We try to place our orphans in jobs when they reach eighteen years old. There were two clothing manufacturing factories that would take some of them. One factory paid a little more and offerrred a free lunch. The workers barracaded the factory and refused to let anyone in or out. Their complaint was that they didn't like the food that they were getting free. ( did the rice contain arsenic?) That factory is now closed. The shame is that Haiti has an almost limitless supply of capable inexpensive labor that investors could utilize and realize adequate profits. There is no need for exploitation or slavery. I do have to admit however that some of our children and employees will use any excuse for not showing up for work and are angry when we try to correct them and train them to be dependable. I cringe when I think about the theft and dishonisty that prevails at our orphanages. I am continually chided for my efforts to change things. The only measurable success that we have enjoyed is that our children have learned that Christ loves them, can read and write and have learned that we tolerate ablolutely no trash on our compounds. We pray for a better future for Haiti John Hawthorn
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error; any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of the contents of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and delete this message and all of its attachments. When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this email, including any attachments, are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in our client engagement letter. Any medical information should not be construed as personal advice, but should be evaluated by a client’s competent physician.