30305: Leiderman re 30299: Haiti's biology -- what to eat? what to burn? (fwd)

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:06:25 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

dear Readers:

I agree, the subject of biofuel for Haiti is a good one for discovery, discussion (and maybe even decision) on this list.

I always keep in mind, however, that probably the highest quality biofuel is one called "food."  anywhere people are hungry, and arable land is scarce or poorly distributed, the thought of churning and burning tropical forests and fields for cars and air conditioners turns my stomach.

thank you,

Stuart Leiderman
leiderman@mindspring.com