30320: Kathleen (reply) (info) 30312 (fwd)

From: Kathleen Burke <kathleendantor@verizon.net>

I agree with Legrace Benson - I yearn for the organic fruits and vegetables I ate for more than two years in Haiti. Also, I believe lots of land is needed and Haiti doesn't have it. Also, the technology for making the biodiesel is expensive, whereas the country does have the raw materials to supply to refineries. My brothers were the first suppliers of biodiesel in Mass., and I have gone to "green" fairs with the younger to see the variety of alternatives offered. There is a liaison and growing momentum between the companies that offer alternate fuels and those who produce organic foods. Like Whole Foods. For more information on biodiesel at least, you can check out www.burkeoil.com. Kathleen