30334: jhudicourtb(reply) Re: 30329: lyall (comment) biofuels (fwd)

jhudicourtb@aol.com

I have been researching the issue a little bit.
To make fats useable in Diesel engines they need to be cooked with alcohol.
Sugar cane is by far the best crop to produce acohol. Corn is much less profitable. The best fat producer is palm oil. Second in line is Palma Christi, aka Castor Oil, aka Ricin Oil, aka Lwil Maskreti. This plant will grow in arid land, does better when watered but is so easy to grow that it is considered a weed in the USA South. With a mix of alcohol and palma christi oil one could produce a vegetable fuel that can be burnt in diesel engines. Two other by products of the palma christi can be used in the process. What is left when the seeds are squeezed for oil can be used as an organic fertilizer. The fat extracted when producing the diesel can be used as glycerin for soap and beauty products. The one thing I have not figure out is how toxic the Ricin residue of the seeds is used or eliminated. Any diesel engine can be run with this kind of vegetable fuel. Diesel engines were originally designed to be run on vegetable fuel. The transformation of fats is not expensive. There is a restaurant in Massachusetts which runs exclusively on energy from the leftover fats they use for fried foods. One guy has a self-sustained business (in terms of energy) He has the transformation process right in his basement where he transforms his old frying oils into diesel fuel, with which he runs his generator for heating and cooking and lighting. If there is anyone around who has the practical knowledge to put in application what I just wrote down, I would love to invest in such a business. I am certain that some small towns in Haiti could become energy independent with this mix of Kleren and Lwil Maskreti.