30351: Bongie (Question) regarding Max Penette, Commemoration of 150th Anniversary of Petionville (fwd)

From: Chris Bongie <bongiec@post.queensu.ca>

In the book I am writing, which deals in part with early nineteenth-century Haitian literary culture, as well as with the recent commemoration of the bicentenary, I am spending a couple of paragraphs discussing a glossy 1981 "album-souvenir" that was devoted to the commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of the founding of Petionville, which was attended by Baby Doc. I was wondering whether anyone had any information on the political affiliations of the organizers of this commemoration (specifically the mayor, Max Penette), or any other information of note regarding the event.
   Thanks,
Chris Bongie
   Queen's University (Canada)