30365: Re: 30353: Minsky:(response)Re: 30350: Gilles (reply) Re : 30343: Durban (comment): Cellphone Impact on Foreign Remittances (fwd)

From: Beth Kunkel <bkunkel@CLEMSON.EDU>

I do some work in Cange, where Zanmi Lasante's headquarters are, in Haiti. There are satellite internet connections in several locations at the compound--including the school library. It is amazing to watch the young people access the wealth of information available on the internet and communicate with the "outside" world. You can't help but think how flat the world is for them now, so I would with Paul that it is "money well spent.". The technology has improved tremendously in the past few years and access is much more reliable now. Beth Kunkel