30365: Mike Spinelli - Solve the Causes of Haiti's problems and symptoms will disappear (fwd)

From: MASpinelli@aol.com

Many of you may know me as a person who is dedicating his days to Helping
Haiti. As a blan, I applaud the work of Haitians like Dr. Bernier Lauredan and
Patrick Lucien in helping their native land.

Tracy Kidder's book on the work of Dr. Paul Farmer is a masterpiece  and
outlines the medical problems of Haiti, which are serious. I  applaud Dr. Paul
and the many charities working to mend the many symptoms of  Haiti's problems,
most all can be solved with job creation.

I am just putting the final touches on a guide which I hope to follow  in
solving Haiti's problems, not the symptoms. The symptoms are what you see every
day in Haiti: Bad roads, bad water, little electricity, poor health care,  no
jobs, no industry, etc. etc.  This is a 15 page action plan for  Haiti.

My guide will be titled: "The one minute guide to save Haiti."

I have nothing to sell and desire nothing from Haiti.

Having done charitable work with an orphanage in Petionville, Timkatec  which
is at _www.timkatec.org_ (http://www.timkatec.org)  where we  raised enough
money to build them a small tech school and to provide the  teachers.

It became very apparent to me that if we can solve the jobs problem and  fix
Haiti's infrastructure, Haiti can thrive, not just survive, as our  charitable
work is all about survival.

If any of you desire to see an advance copy of this writing, I am at
_maspinelli@aol.com_ (mailto:maspinelli@aol.com) I would be happy to send you an
electronic proof copy. Your comments or suggestions  are always welcome.

My goal is to bring the zeal that Dr. Paul brought to P.I.H. to  the field of
economic prosperity for the country assuming I can motivate the  government.
Perhaps we can call it P.I.P Partners in Prosperity for  Haiti

Economic prosperity will then provide the conditions to help the people  with
food, jobs, good clear water, good hospitals and clinics, schools,  etc.