30468: Spinelli (reply) The reality of Haiti (fwd)

From: MASpinelli@aol.com

I must say that I whole heartedly agree with the email of Lance  Durban.

It is a time to stop the nonsense of report after highly paid report and
feasibility study of Haiti. It is a time for ACTION to fix the causes of Haiti's
problems.

I applaud the Charities, NGO's and the Diaspora for pouring money and help
to alleviate the symptoms of Haiti's problems. It is now time to have the
doctor treat the CAUSES of Haiti's problems which will automatically remove the
symptoms like a cart follows the horse.

Haiti needs a crash program with a series of 5 year plans to correct:

ROADS, ELECTRICITY, WATER, FORESTRY, HEALTH, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY  PRODUCTION
and the other myriad of problems that make her the poorest in  the Caribbean.

She needs some of the millions of outsource jobs going from the USA to  ASIA.
Haiti is just 700 miles off shore so why would American industry want to
spend the money to have goods shipped 8046 miles which normally doubles the cost
of the item!

Haiti has all the advantages for prosperity so perpetuating it with dole's
only exacerbate the problem!

I am in the final editing process of my booklet on a 30 page booklet on the
economic development of Haiti. Now in booklet form and hopefully someone  will
volunteer to translate it to Kreole! I will sponsor the  printing.

Anyone desiring a copy, just email me at _maspinelli@aol.com_
(mailto:maspinelli@aol.com)  with  your address  and I will send you a copy.

If you want to hear me live, presenting it at a Haiti Forum, be in Atlanta
Georgia at the Auburn  Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and
History  101 Auburn Avenue, NE Atlanta, Georgia  June 16, 2006 Noon  to 9 PM
is the timing of it.

Let us all work towards a new Haiti... her infrastructure and jobs for the
people to allow them to enjoy their own country and not have to flee and drown
in the Turks and Caicos.

Mike Spinelli