30473: Senou (Comment) Caribbean-American Heritage Month: The Second Symposium on Haiti in Atlanta on June 16 (fwd)

from Senou@yahoo.com

Caribbean-American Heritage Month

NB: looking for events, click here
http://www.gacaribbeanamericanheritage.org/
=================

The month of June is no longer an ordinary month, it
is the Caribbean-American Heritage Month.  It could be
great for the Citizens of each Caribbean country to
showcase the best element of their culture and to
promote positively their respective country.

This year, we are organizing the Second Symposium on
Haiti on June 16 at the Auburn Avenue Research Library
from Noon to 9:00 PM.

This month will be filled with scores of events with a
Caribbean Accent or a Caribbean touch and we need to
take Haiti, the Haitian Community, the Haitian
Culture, the Haitian Language, the Haitian Reality,
and the Haitian Proud to the next level.

Metro Atlanta offers tremendous opportunities to
uplift Haiti in the world of nations and our presence
in this great metro is not going to be only in numbers
but in every facet of life in the area. We need to
interact with each other and with various ethnic
groups in the area. We need to organize activities
that are appealing to all sectors and invite others
and various ethnic groups to get involved.

We can use a collaborative approach method to do these
entire huge and gigantesque events. Surely, these
events will provide an important opportunity to raise
the profile of the Haitian Diaspora and to reinforce
to the audience the issues in which you are involved.
It is a Win-Win to all of you.

Again, I thank you for your willingness to volunteer
your time, your skills and your support for this event
that will take place on June 16 from Noon to 9:00 PM
and I already thank you for your willingness to
volunteer your time, talents and support for future
events.

My friends, regardless of your skills, expertise and
profession, our destiny are tied together. As I quote
Dr. King:
?We must learn to live together as brothers or perish
together as fools.?
Martin Luther King Jr.
US black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 - 1968)

The Caribbean American month has indeed extended our
Heritage month which is the month of May.  Therefore,
we have two months to showcase positively Haiti.  We
need to do it together and with our friends.

The day that we reiterate the Union that our ancestors
had done on May 18, 1803 at Arcahais, we will change
the face of Haiti and every single Haitian community
in the world and we will win the new economic war and
regain ipso facto our independence.  Each year, we
celebrate the Flag but when are we going to celebrate
the Union that had paved the way to become the second
independent country in the region.

Our ancestors were wise: they did not choose someone
base on his/her educational background, they did not
choose someone base on friendship, they did not choose
a talker, but they chose Dessalines who did not know
how to read and write but He knew how to lead an army
and he was good with His weapon. His choice was based
on His Skills and His Abilities. I take this unique
moment to salute my ancestors.

For the May 18 celebration, I had an opportunity to
see a cool play ?Ti Machan-n? in Norcross and we need
more of these events in the metro.

Please, invite your friends and acquaintances to
attend various Caribbean Events scheduled during this
month and specially this Mega Event the Second
Symposium on Haiti that will be taking place on June
16 at the Auburn Avenue Library from Noon to 9:00 PM

This below cannot take place without people like you
who are willing to volunteer your time, talent and
support.

Coming soon: poetry, plays and socio-cultural events.
The Goal is to promote the artists, poets, writers,
comedians, theaters folks and entertain this emerging
community in a family oriented events.

Activities & Events
Haiti: Caribbean-American Heritage Month
Traditional Haitian Day:
Guest speakers from Haiti and other countries
Art exhibits with opening receptions
Concerts, recitals, movies, and Plays
Conference
Symposium
Convention
Town Meeting
Book & Poetry Club
Haitian Symphony Orchestra
HCR Troubadour
Education
Community Link
Guidance: A Team of Certified professionals that will
assist Haitian students from K-12
Public Relation Team:

Joseph Alfred, Educator
P.O. BOX 1022