30545: labrom (reply) re 30530 re Helping out in Haiti (fwd)

from voyageslumierehaiti@gmail.com

I think this gentleman is quite right. Too often we have NGO's coming
in saying, oh it works in Africa, it works in another 3rd world
country and even more incredibly, it works in the US so it will work
in Haiti!! No it probably won't.

We must involve Haitians in all decisions concerning their country.
How many millions and probably billions have already been wasted here
because people have not asked people what they want to do or how it
would be best to do a certain project. When the well paid Consultant
has left the country after pouring oodles of money into the project,
the project crumbles and dies!!!

Jacqui Labrom
--
Voyages Lumière SA