30543: (Senou) Comment (Reiterating the Historical Union is a Must) (fwd)

from Senou

Reiterating the Historical Union is a Must

Should this generation or the next generation
reiterate the Historical Union that took place at
Arcahais on May 18, 1803?

Yes, we must ( I mean our generation) or if we do not
have the courage to do so, we will leave it to the
next generation.

The Jews were humiliated and persecuted everywhere in
the world and the holocaust, terrible it can be, had
brought them together and they stick together. What it
will take for you and me to come together and stick
together regardless of our indifferences? During the
AIDS Saga, we were united and with our friends and we
forced FDA to remove our name from the list. You did
it peacefully.

You can find tons of reasons for you not to even sit
together with your own countrymen and women but at
what cost?

If our ancestors were refusing systematically to sit
together for personal interest we would not have May
18, 1803 and November 18, 1803. I do not believe that
our ancestors were getting together on May 18, 1803 to
create a Flag. After the Union, the Flag our bicolor
was created.

You cannot celebrate the Flag without first having a
Unity among you. Before May 18, each person involved
in the independence war was fighting his/her own
battle and there is no way for them to win that war.

Our ancestors were wise, they soon discovered that
they could not win the war individually and therefore
they have to join force and they called for a meeting
among themselves. Every willing person was invited.
They did not pick and choose. And what make that Day
even more dramatic; they chose an individual who did
not know how to read and write to lead them to
Freedom.

There were academicians in that meeting, there were
scholars in that meeting and there were people who
graduated from France. But, why they chose someone who
could not read and write?

The choice of Dessalines was based on His skills and
His abilities and He delivered on Time and on
Schedule. Mission accomplished.  Our ancestors were
wise; they did not select someone base on friendship
or member of the same club but on skills and
abilities.

Our ancestors show us the way and we have nothing to
learn from anyone else in the world. Nobody can tell
us how to make a Union since we are the product of a
Union.

For the past 200 hundred years, we have departed from
the union to a politic of alienation, exclusion and
self-destruction and today we are paying the
consequence of our inconsequence.

Everyone without exception needs to come to the table
and discuss how we can solve this problem. I repeat
again, every willing person. Please, do not select. We
have been doing it for the past 200 years and we
failed badly. We need to come together and listen to
the voice of reason and slowly a leader will emerge
among you and that person will lead us to fight and
win the new economic war.

There are tons of leaders but each of them is fighting
his/her own battle and it is impossible to win
individually this new economic war.

We need to go back to the basic. All of you need to
come together and work out your indifferences and
unify yourselves and ipso facto setting the stage to
win the new economic war.

I assume that we are working for the emancipation of
the same people, we are all working to improve the
living condition of the Haitian people and I think
that we have something in common which is: ?gAssisting
the Haitian people and Haiti?h. And therefore, it
should not be difficult for those who are claiming to
work on behalf of the state of Haiti or the motherland
to sit together and to come to an agreement in order
to assist strategically the country.

In doing so, we will be gradually taking the steps to
reiterate what our ancestors had done more than 200
years ago.

Now, we are all busy with our own little and limited
project and do not get me wrong and please continue
doing what you have been doing in various areas in
Haiti. But imagine what we can achieve if we put our
resources together and prioritize.

Haitian and the friends of Haiti shall come together
and assist the country positively.
Again, my friends we will not go anywhere until we
reiterate that historical Union. Remember, during that
forum at Arcahais, there were former slaves, slave
owner, affranchise, veteran fighters, men and women;
there were intellectuals and non intellectuals and
those who supported our cause. It was not an exclusive
club and every willing individual was invited.

Again, our ancestors were wise and we have much to
learn from them!

The Second Symposium on Haiti in Atlanta will be held
at the Auburn Avenue Research Library on June 16 from
Noon to 9:00 PM

101 Auburn Avenue, NE ?¡ Atlanta, Georgia  30303-2503
Click this link for Direction
http://www.afplweb.com/aarl/DirectionToAARL1.htm

For more info send an email to
information@hcronline.us