30569: Leiderman: news: CARI(com)ing up next week (fwd)

From: leiderman@mindspring.com

dear Readers:

I just received a note from the White House liaison office that the President will attend next week's meeting of the Caribbean Community, beginning June 19, whose theme is "20/20 Vision".  looking at the conference program, reached from a button at
http://caricom.org/jsp/community/conference_on_caribbean/conference_index.jsp
I see on the first day: "6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.  Official Opening of Art Exhibition by H.E. Rene Preval, President of Haiti (invited)"

politics and the usual bowing and scraping aside, I think the programme is worth reading as an example of how to structure a 3-day international (or national) conference.  I'd be happy to hear the results of this one from any reader(s) who attend.

thank you,

Stuart Leiderman
leiderman@mindspring.com

Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Secretariat. P.O. Box 10827, Georgetown, GUYANA. Tel: (592) 222 0001-75 Fax: (592) 222 0171 info@caricom.org