30629: Gilles (reply) Re : 30623: Kathleen (discussion points) (fwd)

From: Emmanuelle Gilles <manugi28@yahoo.fr>

The security situation has improved tremendously and according to people living in Haiti, it is much better than it was one year ago when gangs created by Aristide were terrorizing the population. Those of you who live in Haiti know that prior to Aristide, kidnappings was an isolated issue. Like in any country, fighting crime is a continuous struggle. Even here in the states, it is depressing to listen to horror stories in the news - we have heard of the columbine shootings, the wrestler who killed his wife and kid and himself and so on .... - We certainly hope that the progress achieved so far will continue further along the years so that the bad memories of kidnappings will be erased from Haitian's minds.