30650: Morse (comment) Haitians on list (fwd)

oloffsonram@aol.com

Haitians have a tradition of not speaking politics publicly. The first things I was told when moving to Haiti were don't get involved in politics and don't talk about politics. Though this tradition changed a bit since Duvalier left, it still exists to a certain degree. I believe a great number of people read Corbet but don't comment. I know many Haitians who are well aware of the postings on the list. But, also remember when the list discusses the Creole language or recipes for Soup Giroumou we have different input than when we discuss Guy Phillipe and Aristide.