30656: Nbbo (asks) Contact in New Orleans (fwd)

From: nlbo@aol.com

How do I get in touch with the Haitian community in New Orleans?? What is it there to do for Haitians in terms of Art and culture? I read about some Haitian musicians before. I think I know more about the 18th and 19th Haitians in New Orleans than its contemporary life.

Someone told me there is a Haitian Catholic mass in New Orleans. But I looked in the Haitian Apostolate website, I don't see New Orleans in the list of masses. I heard there is a Haitian priest in Baton Rouge, but don't know his name or anything.

I'll appreciate any info about where to find out about the Haitian community in New Orleans.

Thanks
Nekita