30674: Sanchez (reply) RE: 30655: Re: Henderson on 30650: Morse (comment) Haitians on list (fwd)

From: Paul Sanchez <negnago@hotmail.com>

There are a few reasons why my friends, some of which introduced me to
Corbett a few years ago won't post. They do not want to make grammatical
and spelling errors, risk having their peers question and belittle their
credentials and worst of all be judged as a cretin. Others feel that
their postings may not be well received and do not wish to offend readers
with their comments.  Some want to avoid what they would perceive and
treat as personal attacks even when the replies were well thought-of
postings.  There are those who feel that their comments might cause them
to be perceived as alligned with political affiliations and want to avoid
possible future retaliations. Many with political viewpoints have told me
in the past few years that they prefer to remain anonymous instead of
posting comments that can potentially jeopardize the safety of their
relatives and friends in Haiti.  I have also had people tell me that when
they sent a posting in the past it was not published.

      >I believe a great number of people read
      >Corbet but don't comment

      I pick and chose what I am interested
      in and who I will read--you just happen to be one of the
      limited few I
      usually view and may or may not pass on to friends in Ayiti