30682: Victor (reply) RE: 30610: Gilles (reply) Re : Spinelli (reply) Jacmel Film Festival (fwd)

From: Colette Victor <icvictory@hotmail.com>

I am not Haitian, but my husband is. He is not educated by our standards. He did not even pass the (I can't remember what it's called now) what is our high school equivalent of a HS diploma. And I have an Associates' Degree in Interpreter Training for the Deaf. So we do not see things from the political/scientific point of view. We both agree that for Haiti to grow it needs to be occupied by US forces. Those are his words, not mine. We agree that the first thing that Haiti needs is a good road from Cap-Haitian to Port-au-Prince so that people won't have to fly to Port from Cap. We both agree that the 2nd need for Haiti is good hospitals, 3rdly good, public education. He says that Haiti needs for good jobs to come to Haiti so that the people can be taxed as we are but he also says that the people of Haiti will not do this willingly and may even revolt such service. This is just our conversation concerning Haiti and US since he has been a resident for 5 years.
thank you,
icvictory>