30688: Mooy (reply) Forrest (reply) RE: 30667: Raber (reply) Re: 30662: Forrest (reply) RE: 30652: Kathleen (reply) 30648 (fwd)

From: fmooy@tulane.edu

I think that Raber's email illustrates perfectly how much better things have gotten in the last 6 months here. I have nothing but sympathy for Raber's friends and associates who have been so horribly victimized over the past 10 years. I too have been the victim of violent crime here in PAP in the past. I have been shot at and robbed, I even had a car hijacked from me a few years ago. Those were the days when I didn't feel safe here. I think the point that I was trying to convey, which I think may have been lost, is how much better things have gotten here recently. I do have to disagree that crime is more class stratified here, although I would welcome some supporting data to verify the statements made in Raber's email.

Forrest Mooy
Fonkoze S.A. Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Juris Doctor Candidate, May 2009
Tulane University Law School