30685: McDonald (reply) Re: 30661: Forrest (reply) RE: 30656: Nbbo (asks) Contact in New Orleans (fwd)

From: Jana McDonald <janasmcd@yahoo.com>

About Haitians in New Orleans, I asked a Haitian friend for some contacts. Here is what he wrote:

"The Haitian catholic mass is held on sundays at 7:30 pm in Holy Cross/Ghost? Church corner of Louisiana and Danneel. Contact person is Mrs Fenelle (504) 858-6634 or (504) 342-2130. There also a Haitian radio station 1060 AM. I don't have the contact info of the organizations that put toether the picnic." (there is a haitian picnic every year)

I also have been recently contacted to translate for haitians at the Tulane run medical clinic at Covenant House on Rampant. i would like to supply them with a list of translators that the doctors could phone. If anyone is interested in volunteering to do that, please contact me.

  Jana McDonald
  (225) 803 2685