30747: Durban (comment): Investment in Haitian Shoe Industry Anyone? (fwd)

Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com> posts this...

The following investment possibility crossed my desk and I thought some
of those wealthy Corbetters interested in "getting involved" might be
interested.

   Dear Sirs,
       I'm a Haitian businessman in the people's republic of China.
   I'm working in sports shoes and garments business.  I'm looking
   for a business partner to open a joint venture sport shoes
   assemblage in Haiti.  We are currently design 12 pairs of sport
   shoes every month.   We will make the upper and the sole in
   China,  then ship and assemblage the semi-finished sports shoes
   in Haiti.  We can also make Nike,puma and Adidas sport shoes.
   The sport shoes assemblage will cost around 250.000USD.

Looks like it could be another of those Nigerian investment scams, but
there are websites, and a cellphone #.  I will be glad to pass them
along if anyone contacts me directly.

Oh, and when you find you need a real lawyer to help you set the thing
up properly in Haiti (or try and recover your $250M), I will pass along
the name of my daughter who has passed the FL State bar exam, but lives
and works here in Haiti.

Lance Durban