30784: Labrom with an opportunity re cellphones (fwd)

from voyageslumierehaiti@gmail.com

This is an interesting proposition which I received from a website
concerned with Haiti. I would suggest you reply to this Mr. Pearson
offline -his email is phpearson10@yahoo.com

My name is Paul H. Pearson. I work for a large wireless provider in
the U.S. as a Transport Engineer, (I design the path for Cell Phones
to get from Cell towers to switches).

I am also previ to the # of cell phones we purchase for our stores
nationwide on a quarterly basis due to the fact that I have to build
capacity on the network to exceed the # of units that we see coming
onto the network.

Which leads me to inquire, because we never have as many units sale as
purchased...what happens to the phones that don't get sold...after a
fiscal period. What I found was that these phones along with those of
most cell phone companies are sold for pennies on the dollar to
whole-sellers who often raise the price and cell them to foreign
markets.

My girlfriend (She's Haitian from Jacmel) and I went to a wedding
recently and saw first hand what people were paying for phones there
and I instantly though about the possibility of getting some of the
surplus equipment to Haiti.

I can get wholesale phones both CDMA and GSM quad-band for export to
Haiti for as low as $2.80 per unit plus shipping and handling. I can
sell in bulk only and the order must be for at least 100 units. Does
anyone know of a service provider/distributor who would be interested?

I look forward to your response,

Best regards,

Paul H. Pearson

Forwarded by Jacqui Labrom