30847: Apollon (Book Announcement) (fwd)

From: Marlène Apollon <mrapollon@hotmail.com>

New Book in French on Louis Mercier

In 2002, after I sent him the English translation of one of my
grandfather Louis Mercier's speeches,   "La Bataille de Vertieres
continue," (The Battle of Vertieres goes on), Bob posted it on his
"Haitian history page"
 (http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/history/history.htm) with this
comment: "1936 lecture by Louis Mercier on the meaning of the Haitian
Revolution for his own time. The lecture is certainly relevant to 2002
when his granddaughter translated and offered this essay to the Haiti
mailing list".

Since then,  many people asked me for copies in French of this and some
of his other well-know speeches, all relevant for our times.  I have
finally gathered several of them as well as homages to him in a book in
French entitled Louis Mercier, A la Reconquete de l'idéal haitien:  Une
voix d'hier pour aujourd'hui et demain. Price: US$15 plus US$2.50 per
book shipping cost, (US$3 for 2 books in 1 package)--  US$4 and $5 for
Canada)

Anyone interested can contact me a mrapollon@hotmail.com.

A new home for Mom, no cleanup required. All starts here.