30854: Please post to Haiti listserve: Sherry, Inquiry, Organ-tissue transplants among the Haitian diaspora (fwd)

From: wendy.sherry@muhc.mcgill.ca

I was referred to you by Pierre Minn.  Thank you in advance for posting
this for me.

I am currently putting together a research proposal on exploring adult
Haitians' knowledge, atttitudes and beliefs towards organ and tissue
donation in the greater Montreal area (Quebec, Canada). Our intention is to
ask open ended questions to focus groups that are divided by age. Except
for some work done in Miami, we have very little to start with. Has anyone
done any work in this area or created pamphlets/progams on organ & tissue
donation for this community? Our goal is to have a better understanding of
their needs should their loved one become eligible to be an organ and
tissue donor. Montreal is a large multicultual city and we want to be able
to support the families and meet their needs in a culturally sensitive way.
We are not out to convince them that there is a right or wrong answer, we
want to understand their point of view.

Thank you,
Wendy Sherry
MUHC Nurse Clinician for Organ and Tissue Donation/ Infirmière clinicienne
CUSM pour le don d'organes et tissus
Office/ Bureau: 514-934-1934, x-36590
Pager/ téléavertisseur: 514-406-4455
wendy.sherry@muhc.mcgill.ca