=?x-unknown?q?30868=3A__Ives_=28reply=29_Re=3A_30843=3A__?==?x-unknown?q?=28question=29__Chamberlain_re_Haiti_Libert=E9_?=

From: K M Ives <kives@toast.net>

Greg,

While I was an important member of Haiti Progrès, I really cannot take credit for "running" the paper for 20 years. My departure from the paper was for personal reasons and differences over leadership style. Politically, I concur with most of Haiti Progrès' positions to date.

Haiti Liberté has been founded by a number of Haitian writers, many of whom are also alumni of Haiti Progrès. While Haiti Progrès has developed into the organ of the National Popular Party (PPN), Haiti Liberté will be more of a forum for progressive analysis and debate. There is a need and a role for both types of paper in the Haitian community.

I am on the editorial board of HL, and my principal responsibility is to write and /or edit the English section.

Kim Ives

Kim, since you were the guy who in effect ran Haiti Progrès for Ben Dupuy
for more than 20 years, and since Haiti Liberté looks like a clone of HP,
would you please tell us the story behind this new paper, as it relates to
your break with Ben, and your true role in HL?

Please don't tell us that it's of no importance, or ask a diversionary
question in response, or fob us off with some "official" reason that leaves
us none the wiser.  You are both public figures and we have a right to
know.  Since you are in the information business, you might also tell us
what's happened to Ben these days and why you two fell out.

Thank you.

        Greg Chamberlain