#3121: Jean's murder : Antoine replies to young

From: Guy Antoine <GuyAntoine@windowsonhaiti.com>

David, this is the second time that I can recall that you refer to
Jean-Bertrand Aristide as "the zozo priest".  (For the uninitiated, "zozo"
is in Kreyol the vulgar name for penis.)  Is this just a way of insulting
him, or is there more than meets the eye in this nickname you have chosen
for him?  Do not read more into my question than the clarification that I
seek, because frankly, I would just like to know.

On another topic, as far as Giuliani is concerned, it would please me
infinitely more to see the people of New York caring just enough about
Giuliani's racist policies to force him out of office, and end once and for
all his political ambitions.

I would hope to be mistaken, but besides the eloquent statements of support
I have read from Lois Wilken and Michelle Karshan, the untimely and unjust
death of Patrick Dorismond has not seemed to stir the imagination of Haiti
lovers on this list.  That could be for a number of reasons, and I do not
intend to raise any unfair or unfounded accusation, it's just that I have to
confess that I felt a bit strange that so few among us have spoken against
Giuliani, to the point of making me wonder if the majority of people
actually care.  Terrible thought!

As to the most disheartening loss of Jean Dominique, I am trying to recover
from the blow.  More than any other event in the last few years, this has
shaken my faith for Haiti's impending fate.  I continue to reflect and I
will elaborate more at another time.

Respectfully.