#3172: Your recent post: Laleau replies to Morse

From:NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Richard,

It's always good to read your posts. Could it be because we both saw the same
things and came to similar conclusions??? From having been part of the OAS
Mission, I could say a lot about their viewpoints... I had no illusions going
in to the Mission, having already spoken with people in 1994 about the
shortcomings of the Mission, and I can't say they were "worse" than I had
thought... but what WAS "worse" was witnessing the amazing disparity between
their infrastructural capabilities, and the actual output of the mission...
it was kind of like gliding over the surface of Haiti in a very
well-insulated SUV and rarely penetrating the reality. This is not a
metaphor, by the way...

Nancy Laleau