#3443: Aristide and violence: Grey replies to Chamberlain

From:Racine125@aol.com

<< It's like the US trying to dress up the 1994 invasion (which of course had
the
 freely-given approval of Aristide) as an "international" force, which it
 was in theory but not in practice.  >>

The i-n-t-e-r-v-e-n-t-i-o-n by the United Nations Multi-National forces was
not an invasion in any sense of the word.  I have family members who survived
World War II in Europe, and believe me what happened in Haiti was NOTHING
like the Nazi "blitzkreig" invasion.  The only people who saw the
Multi-National forces intervention as an "invasion" were the people who fell
from power - the murderous Haitian Army, FRAPH, old-time Macoutes, attaches,
etc.

Secondly, the Multi-National Force was precisely that - multi-national.  I
met Togolais and Bangladeshis and Italians and Nigerians, ALL part of the
Multi-National Forces.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html";>http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>