#4065: A comment about reporters from Pierre-pierre

From: sending mail <publisher@flashcom.net>

> Yes, Greg, reporters do need stimulation and encouragement but I do
believe
> that Norton and Bauduy, relative to their reporting of the recent
elections
> of May 21, need much more.  I'll try to be nice in my response by saying
that
> they really need contact with the Haitian people, the real Haitian people,
> the people in the street who struggle each day to find a way to exist.
They
> need a sense of compassion, they need to understand the spirituality of
the
> Haitian people, they need to get out of their luxury hotels like the
Holiday
> Inn and the Olaffson and the Villa Creole and other places and take a trip
> the rural regions of Hinche, Dechapelles, Verrette and Fondwa, Gros Morne
and
> especially Cite Soleil and St. Joseph's Market downtown Port-au-Prince.
They
> need to visit with missionaries who have spent years of their lives among
the
> Haitian people, struggling themselves to find ways to give the people hope
> live.

PLEASE STOP REVERTING TO CLICHE WHEN DISCRIBING THE works of these two fine
resident journalists(By the way, Ms. Bauduy, to my dismay has left the
country. She was a great asset.) They have traveled across the country and
yes, Cite Soleil. I'm sure you do a great job in whatever you do. Please
don't malign the works of others that I'm sure you have no clue of how to
begin to do what they do.  You had an elctions that the ruling party simply
botched and what do you expect journalists to say. I'm sure if you were on
the other side, you would think that they were in somebody's pocket. With
friends like these, Haiti doesn't need enemy.

cheers,

garry pierre-pierre