#4286: Fundraising banboch in Brooklyn (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

La Troupe Makandal will throw a banboch this Saturday, June 24, 3 pm, at
the Father Dempsey Center, 61 Park Place (between 5th and 6th Avenues) in
Park Slope, Brooklyn.  The purpose of the party is to raise funds,
particularly for our folk-arts-and-literacy project in Port-au-Prince,
which we intend to pilot this summer.

If you are in New York on Saturday, please come to the party to learn
about this project and the others that we run.  We ask for a $5 donation
at the door but hope that what you learn will inspire you to contribute
more.  Haitian refreshments are for sale.  Best of all, you will enjoy
performances by students from our program of dance and music for
children, by the undergraduates of our workshop at Hunter College, and by
Master Drummer Frisner Augustin.

If you have any questions, please use the contact info below.  Hope to
see you Saturday.

Lois Wilcken
La Troupe Makandal - New York City's #1 Haitian Roots Ensemble
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org