#4341: On making Ayiti economically fit: Poincy replies to Gill (Ref: Post # 4294) (fwd)

From: Jean Poincy <caineve@idt.net>

Where government fails in its functions, it becomes a private matter.
Waiting on government to do what it is supposed to do shows a lack of
creativity and initiative on the part of the privates. Remember, the
privates gave the power to the government to do what it's supposed to
do. The privates did so because they wanted to conduct their daily
activities freely and peacefully without having to worry that such and
such brigands will undo what they did or expropriate them.

The point is in Ayiti, the atmosphere that government must provide is
not there. Consequently, I truly think, that the private can ignore
government and start conducting their own private things ranging from
private security forces, private government and private ruling to shield
them from outsiders, even from the failing government. I sound a bit
like Robert Nozick here in his "Anarchy, State and Utopia". Also I am
falling a bit in the line of the "Club Theory" where privates take some
public matters in hands with the government consent of course, but in
Ayiti's case without such a seal. That's my line of thinking when I
refer to let things be in the private hands.

Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
Mozeb