#4563: Re: Reconciling recent events (fwd)

From:Simido@aol.com

I am having a hard time understanding why the US Senate has demanded the Haitian Government review election results with regards to fraud and "unconstitutional" methods of calculations, while simultaneously at the request of Jesse Helms of all people, releasing aid money to Haiti.

I mean I appreciate the gesture, but i dont understand the disparity here. If they are serious about acting on the premise that the elections are fraudulent, why release monies that had been held because of a non-functioning government ???

any ideas?

Markus Schwartz