#4911: Morse in Edinburgh (fwd)

From: oloffsonram <oloffsonram@globelsud.net>

I'ld like to thank all the Corbetters who warned me about the weather
in Edinburgh. Its a wonderful festival but the weather can go from hail
to sunny to rainy to windy back to sunny...and then you have lunch.

Though Haiti seems so far away from here, I can keep tabs on things by
reading the Corbett list.

Its amazing that we're still discussing whether the elections were
legitimate or not.

By the way is Congressman Conyers still a member of the Aristide
Foundation? Is that a conflict of interest?

People seem to have all but forgotten the violence during the electoral
campaign season. There's a Haitian proverb that says "if you're dead,
you're guilty"

I've run into a few Oloffson people all the way up here in Scotland.
We're playing every night at half past nine at venue #33 on Roxburgh St.
The Festival, which is mostly theatre and stand-up comedy, has been
surprised by the Haitian ambiance in the old converted church. Everyone
is usually up and dancing by the fourth song, "Zeb,(Promes se det)".
They can't understand most of the lyrics but the Haitian rhythms and
melodies are sure communicating.
All the best,

Richard Morse