#4992: Troupe Makandal to audition dancers in New York (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

La Troupe Makandal announces dancers' auditions on Friday, September 15,
8:30 pm, in Room 635 of the North Building of Hunter College.
Directions:  IRT #6 subway to 68 Street.  Enter the North Building on 69
Street between Park and Lexington Avenues.  Take the elevator to the 6th
floor.  Make a left off the elevator, go through the double doors, then
make a right.  You will see a mini-stairway down the hall in front of
you.  It leads into Room 635.

Knowledge of Haitian Vodou dances, Vodou ritual, and the dances of
Kanaval and Rara are all pluses.  Our rehearsals generally take place
Friday nights in the same space at Hunter College.  Most of our
performance venues are theaters, galleries, schools, museums, and
libraries, but we have a growing list of our own productions for the
community in Brooklyn.  Please keep in mind that Makandal dancers are
independent contractors.

If you need further information, e-mail me, or call the number below.

Lois Wilcken
La Troupe Makandal - New York City's #1 Haitian Roots Ensemble
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org